Sunday, November 2, 2008

What Happened???

What's up? BOOMER SOONER. Wow, OU rolled the Cornshuckers last night 62-28 and how about them Red Raiders of Texas Tech? They beat the Longhorns. Just remember...Bevo, it's whats for dinner!


Not much time for a take, but I am gonna throw one out there. My lovely wife rented "The Happening" with Marky Mark formerly of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (don't act like you don't remember). This is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Folks, this represents two hours of my life I cannot get back, and I am rather upset at this.


As we watched, my emotions ranged from amazement that a studio actually paid someone to write, produce, direct, gaff, best boy, cater, ect this hideous excuse of a film to shock that I was actually still watching this thing. I have never seen a train wreck in real life (although I vaguely recall dating one or two), I am quite sure I would have continued watching it too.


The movie may have actually done one thing that is more odd than anything else that I could possibly think of. I do believe it may have given people with suicidal tendencies (wasn't that a punk band from the early 80's?) many new ways to kill themselves. I honestly would have never thought of starting up a huge golf course style commercial lawn mower (even if you did just find one laying around) and then laying down in front of its path. Gotta say, the movie really sucked.


M. Night, bro, bubby the next time Al Gore calls with a plot for a movie, just don't take the call. Stick with aliens. Signs RULED, it was awesome, it was Double Live Gonzo, Intensity in Ten Cities, it whaled! This one...was just awful.


The only thing that made it somewhat tolerable was the fact that they cast Frank Collison in it. You know old Frank, don't cha? He played Wash Hogwallup in O Brother Where Art Thou. He was the one that so elloquently said that his wife had "runnoft". If you live outside rural Arklahoma/Lousmippi, you might not get that one.


Anyway, I want a refund and my two hours back, but I won't get either. Time to make like a banana and split. War OU moving on up (ala the Jefferson's to the East Side) in the BCS polls, war the Red Raiders smacking down the Longhorns (Hey Otis in Austin, where ya at now sucka???) and war more Billy Mays infomercials and less Barack Obama infomercials!


Jester Out!!!

2 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

your wife rented it????? and who asked her to?? Hmmmmm you forgot that little fact!!! Anyway, I agree, it was AWFUL. Really really horrible. And thanks for using my Al Gore line. :-) War Michael D!

Melanie said...

Well, I'm not sure what was worse.. the movie or the election results. But I have to agree. With Signs, M. Night ruled. The Village, I liked but not as much as Signs. What was going on with the Lady in the Water? And what happened with The Happening. I want classic M Night back!