Saturday, February 9, 2008

Post KC Pre OKC

Hello again one and all. Have you missed the Jester? I know you have. I have been on the road the last week in Kansas City for Sam's Club Year Begining Meetings. Wow, what a tremendous amount of information packed into a 3 day meeting. I learned a ton about culture. I know you are thinking...culture, what is this that Jester speaks? The 25 years of Sam's Club has produced tons of extremely valuable people and their integrity, personalities, ethics and habits have formed our culture.


Sandwiched between meetings we had some great entertainment. The first day we had Lifehouse (a really surprisingly good band...remember "Hanging By a Moment"), Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (great vocalist, guitar player, and co-wrote "Change the World" with Clapton). Thursday we had REO Speedwagon. No offense here, but I am just curious which state fair had to do without REO so we could have them. They sounded pretty good, but the lead singer Kevin Cronin did not age gracefully. Dude had some spooky eyebrows going on. They did 4 or 5 songs that were loud enough to easily be heard across into the Kansas side of the city. The last day we had Martina McBride. She is a pretty nice looking lady with a good voice. I wish I knew more of her songs. The only one I was familiar with was "Independance Day".


I will leave Tuesday for Oklahoma City for 3 fun filled days of reviewing managerial evals. That will be a fun filled 3 days I am quite sure. I will get to see my Developmental GM counterpart while there though, so that's good. We actually roomed together in KC. He is a nice guy, shout out to Jeff.


I was checking out what was on InDemand on Cox Digital and came across the bomb. Stevie Ray Vaughn live in Germany from 1984. It is a 73 minute live performance that absolutely rocks. If you are a fan and you have InDemand, you have to check it out.


I will holla post OKC. Jester Out!

No comments: