Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Overnight Adventure

What is up? Just a quick post to let you all know that I am going to be working nights for an unspecified amount of time. My club is going through a remodel that begins tonight. I am running the construction crews that are working overnights.


What can I say? I am far from thrilled about this. I will only see my wife and kids for a very short period daily. My two days off per week will be spent trying to catch up on sleep and not get my days and nights anymore jacked up than they all ready are. I can only hope that my boss notices the sacrifice that I am giving him and says "wow, let's give this man a building of his own." And let's hope this happens before I lose my mind from working nights, my wife leaves me, my wife divorces me, or my kids forget who I am...whichever comes first.


There are specific things that the crew has to complete every night for this project to go well and finish on time. It is my job to work with the crew to make sure these tasks get accomplished on time. Tonight they will be working on the exit vestibule area and the cart garage. Monday night continues this work and starts on the managers office and the upstairs conference room.


To make this an even more jacked up adjustment to my body, I have 6 days in a row off beginning Friday. So, when I return to work I will have to get used to nights again...I can't complain, it is 6 days off to enjoy my fam. Then back to work for about 2 and a half weeks, then Kansas City for 5 days of meetings, just in time to mess with sleep patterns. Again...I can't complain, it is a great gig, just a bump in the road, right?


So, if you email and I don't respond as quickly as normal don't take it personally, I am just sharing the night with the vampires.



Good night now
Michael d

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I have it on fairly good authority that your wife will never leave you or divorce you. I am also fairly certain she will show the children pictures of you so they won't forget you. She will give them a piece of candy if they will kiss your picture and say "I love daddy."

HAHAHAHAHA

get promoted, buddy....